Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cupcakes, Scones and Mulberry Pie...

Cupcakes made by K18 - so pretty.
I made Buttermilk scones - get 'em while they're hot, they're lovely!

I am so excited - I have found a Mulberry tree (thanks Yas) that I can pilfer mulberries from. I haven't had mulberries since I was a kid. I went to the tree yesterday and half filled an icecream container with gooey fruit. I had the juice dripping down my arms. I stewed the fruit up with a bit of sugar then made this pie.
Ooh, the sauce is so rich and tangy - I could have licked the plate clean!!
Then 'A' made dinner - Garlic & Basil Chicken.
He split the chickens down the backbone and marinated them in
garlic, basil, butter and lemon juice.
The end result after being roasted in the Weber.
'A' also made a potato salad with egg mayonnaise, basil, garlic and sour cream & bacon.

- Joolz

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joolz,
    I'm going to have to stop reading blogs with food pictures, I am so hungry after looking at your pictures. Did you get purple fingers from picking the mulberries?
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm mm mmm I wouldn't mind the recipe for the buttermilk scones... that is, if you wouldn't mind sharing? Everything looks so delicious. :o)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog - I've definitely added you to my favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.