Friday, December 5, 2008

Bring on the weekend...


I'm felling a bit blaaagh today, well actually I have been all week. I think it is just this time of year. I get up and go for a 5 km walk at 6am but feel depleted of energy when I return home. The weather is cool today and I just feel like crawling back into bed. But I have to work. Blaaagh!

We do have a free weekend so that is a bonus. I need to complete my sister's presents and get them wrapped. Not sure what I am going to do for my Mum yet. Hand made or bought, I still can't decide. I will put the tree up this weekend too. I bought 6 new ornaments to add to it this year.

My hubby has decided he'd like a Weber Kettle BBQ for Christmas. We had one of these when we were first married and enjoyed many good roasts in it. Then we bought a gas Weber BBQ and have had that for the last 10 years, but we can't seem to get roasts right in it. So he wants to go back to the hot coal method again.

I have put in a wish for a new camera. I have a basic digital point and shoot camera at the moment but I would like to be able to fiddle with the settings a bit more.

Things are a bit quiet at work at the moment so that makes my day go slower. I like to have a full day of paper work then the time flies. Today will most likely drag. :(

Well, I'd better get into it - the sooner I get to work perhaps the sooner I can come home (the advantages of sleeping with the boss - Lol!).

I made lasagne last night for dinner but I forgot to take a photo when I had it served up with a nice green salad.

Tonight will be chicken wraps - standard fare for Friday night at our house. I cut up lettuce, cucumber, carrot, onion, tomato, grated cheese. Fry off chopped chicken tenderloins, then add a packet of taco seasoning, water and a can of red kidnney beans. Once that has thickened and cooked for about 20 mins, heat tortillas in the microwave, add spoonfulls of chicken and the salad that you like, roll and wrap. Voila! (I'll try and take a photo if I can remember).
Have a nice weekend guys - Cheers from Joolz

1 comment:

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.