Monday, September 15, 2008

Where did Spring go?

Good grief! We are freezing our butts off down in the SE at the moment. Gale force winds, hail and frequent heavy showers of rain. Saturday it was lovely and warm and I actually got sunburned on my neck. Today it would be more like frost-bite!

I have come home early from work as I have a sore throat and feel a bit achy. There wasn't much for me to do at work so I tidied up a few things then came home at lunch time. Now I'm dosed up on paracetamol and taking it easy. B14 felt better today so she went to school so I hope she is over it.

I just tried to take a photo of our cat, Bonnie, but she would not co-operate. All I got was a lot of blurry pics of her, turning her butt towards me. She will not sit still and look at me face to face! Very frustrating. :(

As I look out the window, I can see another big bank of grey clouds forming so we are in for some more rain and rough weather. The farmers will be happy, especially if we get a follow up of sunshine. We are quite lucky in this little corner of the world - although the season has been dry and the rains came quite late, we have had quite good rains recently so all the crops and pastures are looking good.
They don't call it the Green Triangle for nothing (the area between Millicent, Mt Gambier and Penola with 50kms separating each town).

I probably should knock up something for the girls to eat when they get home from school but ...I can't be bothered. My legs are aching now and I don't have a lot of energy. I just feel a bit run down. I have to pick the girls up from the bus stop at 4.10pm then after that I might have a snooze.

If I have an early night and keep warm I should be right tomorrow. I am not sick very often. The last time I had a real sick day was in 2004 when the flu got me but even then I only had one day off. When you work in your own business you tend not to have sickies, but just battle through. Today, I didn't think it was right to be coughing and spluttering in the office with others around.

Until next time,

Cheers - Julie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    Cats are the worst thing to take pics of, they might be sitting in a very photogenic pose and by the time you get the camera, they've moved, or as you start taking the picture they start walking towards the camera. Thank goodness for digital cameras.
    You are so right, when you have your own business, you can't get sick, after all if you are sick, there is no-one else to do the work.
    Take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you are not feeling well... I hope that cold/flu bug will leave soon and stay away.

    We could use a little of your cool weather...It has been hot here since May... I am ready for fall but it is still summer for sure...in fact we just had a swim party at our house Sat.... I'll send you some of our sun if you'll give us some rain...

    Get better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi julie,
    Thanks for the great comments you left on my blog. I am always walking around with scrapbook ideas in my head but I only actually have them burst out into actuality once in a while. Quilting just envelopes me at all times, and the spare moments are used up in knitting, scrapping, crafting, oh and housework (of course...) Great that you have two girls like me! Arnt girls just the best!?
    Have a great day
    Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie - welcome to my world! England is ALWAYS like that: cold, wet and windy but with no saving grace of a bit of sunshine. We've almost forgotten what sunshine is!

    Our dog is a devil to photograph; even if you have the camera already on she's gone before you can click it!. Digi cameras are just not quick enough.

    Hope you're ok by now.
    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.