Thursday, June 21, 2018

A bit of spring cleaning in winter...


I had the spring cleaning bug this morning so I decided to tackle my 'second drawer down' or utensil drawer...everyone has one and most people loathe it!
~

Some things got tossed, some others put away in another drawer then it all got put back in.  I can at least see where everything is now.
~

This is my 'bottom drawer'...which is worst than the other one!  This is the junk drawer or where handy items that are rarely used are put...
~

Again, lots of stuff got tossed then it all went back in again...oh, well, I can say it's been done!
~

I gave my glass splash back (or is it a back splash? ... I'm open to debate!) a going over with Windex which really got rid of a lot of greasy marks and I took down that rack (which is for holding recipe books) and gave that a good soapy wash.  It was very greasy too!  All sparkly again now!
~

I shopped Woolworths yesterday for non perishables to add to my stockpile...this lot cost $90.30 but I saved $45.00.  The OMO is $20 for 4 litres ($5/litre), the Finish dishtabs were $10 for 40 tabs so .25c each. Pears liquid hand wash $1.75 each, Palmolive foaming hand wash $2.45 ea, the toothbrushes were $4 for a twin pack.  Sometimes those brushes in a single pack are over $7 each!  I think I have about 10 bottles of the EcoStore dish detergent - it's my favourite and I only buy it when it's $3 a bottle. Gus eats the peaches which were $6.50 a box of 8 x 120gms so .81c each compared to a 4 pack x 120gm which was $4.00 or $1 each.
~

My points are nearly at 2000 so I'll get $10 a future shop soon...
~

Do you wash your spinach and salad leaves?  This was loose spinach that I bought.  I always give it a whiz in my salad spinner...
~

...then I pick all the long stems off and discard any limp leaves...
~

I'm glad I did, look at this slimy leaf! Yuck!
~

I made a delicious WW Crustless sweet corn, spinach and bacon quiche for dinner last night.  I added a bit of broccolini and some mushrooms I had in the fridge, to the other ingredients.
~

~
I baked for around 30 minutes then it was done...
~

We had it with lamb cutlets (feed the man meat!) and a quick salad of lettuce, tomato and cranberries.
~

Delish!
~

My naughty sister made apple turnovers and gave me two.  I think she's trying to sabotage my diet!  Gus and I shared one last night and will have the other one tonight!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. I have a stash of the Eco store detergent too, Joolz. I only buy it when it's on special so have to stockpile it under the sink. Hmmm....those apple turnovers do look good. That cheeky sister of yours! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.