Friday, March 24, 2017

Swedish meatballs...

I rarely use a packet mix in my cooking nowadays but every now and again I want some inspiration and something quick.

I bought pork mince and some mushrooms and was good to go. When it came time to assemble the meatballs I though, I wonder how some grated apple would go in them? Pork and apple are a match made in heaven, right?

So I grated a peeled apple into the mince mix. The result was very tasty, light and tender meatballs and the gravy that the packet made was delicious. I may just use this flavour sachet again sometime.

Cheers - Joolz xx

3 comments:

  1. They look really good. I always loved it when my mom would make meatballs, probably as it was rather rare. The last time I made them the girls were here, and Caitlyn told me, "These are really good, Grandma. Taste just like the cafeteria at school." LOL Just what I was going for. Yeah, right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKEA Swedish meatballs....my consumerist weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Swedish meatballs sound delicious Joolz.

    I made these a long while ago, and they were a hit. I didn't know you could get that gravy in a packet lol! I will have to try grated apple in the mince next time :)

    It is okay to cheat every now and then. I do when life gets busy :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.