Wednesday, May 4, 2016

To the Grampians Grape Escape ...

Food and Wine Festival at Halls Gap, Victoria...
~
We set off early Saturday morning...
~
Through Coonawarra with autumn trees turning...
~
Down country roads...
~
We went straight to the festival...
~
Selfie!
~
~

 
~
A good crowd this year...
~
~
Listening to the bands with our friends...
~
Look who we found!  Miguel!
~
~
Saturday night we had quite a storm blow over Halls Gap.  Very loud thunder and lots of lightening and a huge amount of rain!  Things got tossed about a bit but no real damage...
~

On our way to the festival we found this little dude, just hopping about...
~
~
First taste for the day, a rose...
~
It rained off and on all day but in between the sun was out so it wasn't too bad...
~
Lots of food stalls...
~
~
We stayed nice and warm and dry in the marquee...
~
Noice beanie, Kelvin!
~
Lunch by the Royal Mail Hotel - a tasting plate....
~
Enjoying good company...
~

 
We watched Miguel do a cooking demonstration - he's very entertaining!
~
Time for a Twistto - a spiral cut potato, threaded onto a skewer, dipped in thin
batter, deep fried the sprinkled with flavoured salt.
~
My haul of goodies from the festival - a lime and sandalwood candle, caramelised cashews, raspberry soap, honey berry granola, Sri Lankan coconut spice mix, evo oil, yummy lemon curd and tart shells to put it in...
~
On Monday, once home, I felt like something hearty so I made a shepherds pie but with a curry twist...
~
I had Moroccan spice mix from the festival last year so I used that and added some honey just to sweeten it off a bit...topped off with a potato, cauliflower mash...
~
I tried the granola today with some vanilla yoghurt - delicious!  I am going
to make a batch of bircher-style muesli tonight for breakfast tomorrow.  I figure if I mix some yoghurt, muesli, grated apple and a bit of skim plus some chia seeds, I might have an interesting
brekky!  We'll see!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx


























1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun at the festival, Joolz. It is so good to have some close friends to enjoy such events with.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.