We've had a few busy weekends recently so it is nice just to hunker down and stay home. Apart from a 7am trip into town for milk and bread, I didn't leave the house all day.
I got two snail mail letters written (must try and improve my handwriting!) and ready for posting...
My Kobo stats prove I am a shit reader. I try and read a bit every night but Zzzzzzzz....I get sleepy straight away!
One thing I don't like about these eBookreaders is you can't skip to the last page and its hard to know when the end of the book is coming up. I need to acquaint myself with it better as at the end of Still Alice, I had no idea it was the end!! And are these full books or cut down versions?
I made Zucchini bread which turned out nicely. Here's the link...
i love the spiceyness f om the cinnamon, really delicious!
Gus knocked up this salmon (unfortunately hidden) with grilled asparagus, zucchini, oven baked potatoes and chermoula. The salmon was cooked to buttery perfection!
I haven't made pikelets since high school, I reckon. I found a recipe in the Blue Ribbon Cookbook so I gave them a whirl this morning.
1 cup SR flour
1/4 cup castor sugar
3/4 cup milk
35gms butter, melted
* sift flour into medium bowl, stir in sugar
* in a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter together
* whisk the milk mixture into the flour until smooth
* place a frying pan over low heat and grease with a little butter
* spoon tablespoonfuls of the micture into the pan and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn the pikelets over and cook for 1 minute, or until golden.
Pikelets are nice served warm or cold...
I had mine with plum jam but maple syrup, golden syrup or lemon and sugar are all good too! There's plenty leftover for afternoon tea!
Now, I must get into my walk in robe - I'm going to time myself!
Cheers - Joolz xx