Sunday, March 15, 2015

A nice quiet Sunday...

We've had a few busy weekends recently so it is nice just to hunker down and stay home. Apart from a 7am trip into town for milk and bread, I didn't leave the house all day.

I got two snail mail letters written (must try and improve my handwriting!) and ready for posting...

My Kobo stats prove I am a shit reader. I try and read a bit every night but Zzzzzzzz....I get sleepy straight away!

One thing I don't like about these eBookreaders is you can't skip to the last page and its hard to know when the end of the book is coming up. I need to acquaint myself with it better as at the end of Still Alice, I had no idea it was the end!! And are these full books or cut down versions?

I made Zucchini bread which turned out nicely. Here's the link...

http://www.lunchladymag.com/recipes/zucchini-bread-make-a-tonne/

~

~

~

~

~

i love the spiceyness f om the cinnamon, really delicious!

~

Gus knocked up this salmon (unfortunately hidden) with grilled asparagus, zucchini, oven baked potatoes and chermoula. The salmon was cooked to buttery perfection!

~

I haven't made pikelets since high school, I reckon. I found a recipe in the Blue Ribbon Cookbook so I gave them a whirl this morning.

Pikelets

1 cup SR flour

1/4 cup castor sugar

3/4 cup milk

1 egg

35gms butter, melted

* sift flour into medium bowl, stir in sugar

* in a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter together

* whisk the milk mixture into the flour until smooth

* place a frying pan over low heat and grease with a little butter

* spoon tablespoonfuls of the micture into the pan and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn the pikelets over and cook for 1 minute, or until golden.

~

Pikelets are nice served warm or cold...

I had mine with plum jam but maple syrup, golden syrup or lemon and sugar are all good too! There's plenty leftover for afternoon tea!

Now, I must get into my walk in robe - I'm going to time myself!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

2 comments:

  1. Pikelets a great, lovely and easy snack to make.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I haven't made pikelets for yonks! Think I'll treat myself this Sunday and freeze what I don't eat :).

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.