Sunday, July 27, 2014

Irish Soda Bread and Lamb & Pea Pasta

I was given a lovely book for my birthday called Three Sisters Bake. Three Scottish sisters to be exact.

Gus is cooking a lamb and pea pasta dish for dinner so I thought I'd make a loaf...

It was a nice sloppy dough ...

It baked beautifully. The recipe said it should go nice and dark, very crusty on the outside.

~

Gus found this recipe in a magazine so he gave it a whirl. He used an Oricchiette pasta instead of the large shells.

This pasta is so good! It's Don Antonio brand (made in Italy) and I swear someone's Nonna hand rolled it!

This is the spaghetti. Its now our favouite.

~

A simple dish but really delicious! The pasta was perfectly tender...
It wasn't until he was tidying the kitchen that he realised that he'd left out the chicken stock. It didnt seem to matter!
Give it a go!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

2 comments:

  1. Another great recipe to try. The pasta sounds fantastic, will have to find a shop in NSW that stocks it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh yummo!!! Look at the bread!! Look at the pasta!! Oh just look at it all.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.