Sunday, June 15, 2014

Easy Peasy muffins ...

... You choose the flavour!

I had a Granny Smith apple and a new pack of plump prunes so I ran with that.

In a large mixing bowl put 125gms SR flour, 1/2 tspn baking powder and 50 gms caster sugar.

In a large jug put 4 tbspn milk, 2 tbspn sunflower oil, 1 egg and 1/2 tspn vanilla. Mix well.

Prepare your fruit - in my case, an apple and 6 prunes, chopped.

Tip the liquid into the dry mix and gently combine. Add the fruit and stir it through.

I made 8 muffins (by adding the prunes) but you could make 6 bigger muffins. I use patty pans in a 12 muffin tray - no sticking! I speinkled with demerara sugar...

Bake at 180C for about 25 minutes until golden on top.

Perfect and ...

... Yummy!

I brightened up my front porch area with some 'pots of colour' pansies.

Nothing much else happened on this cold, bleak day. We picked up the washing machine and got it installed at the unit laundry. We run it through some cycles and it performed fine so fingers crossed it will do the job for a while.

Looking forward to Lamb Rogan Josh and Chicken Saagwalla from our Indian takeaway for dinner!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.