Thursday, June 14, 2012

Long Weekend catch up...

We decided to get out of the city for the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend so we headed to Clare...
~
~
Winding country roads ... we didn't get there until late afternoon...
~~
~
On the Sunday, we chose the Artisan's Table for our lunch destination...
~
Albondigas (pork balls in a rich tomato sauce)
~
Vegetarian arancini balls (Moroccan spiced risotto with sesame & cornmeal)
~
My Chicken Murgh Moelle Curry...
~
Brianna's Lamb rump rubbed with sharwana paste, served with eggplant compote and garlic & chilli potato...
For some reason, I never took a pic of Kirby's chicken...
~
Gus had the battered flathead and chips...
~
Can I tell you how good the curry was?
~
So goood!
~
Coffee & nut tart for me and Gus to share...
~
Berry cheesecake for Brianna...
~
Sunset over the lake back at the Country Club...
~
I didn't need much for dinner that night so I had a 'Cup-o-Soup with toast. Gus cooked a small rack of lamb for he and Kirby. Bri had warmed pita bread and vegemite - lol!
~
Monday morning, it had been so cold that we had thick ice on the windscreen of the car... brrrr!
~
This was the little unit we stayed in - it was brand new!
~
Monday morning, we called in at another couple of wineries before heading back to Adelaide. Rolling hills...
~
Bare vines in winter...
~
Beautiful fertile ground...
~

1 comment:

  1. The curry would have been my pick too. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.