Sunday, February 11, 2018

Succulents going gang busters!


The succulents that Annabel posted to me all seem to be doing okay.  No losses so far! 
~
I purchased the two bigger succs in this pot and potted them up with babies that should grow on...
~
This pot was given to me last July by my sister, Sue. It’s doing well with lots of bits and pieces in there.  It’s like the nursery...
~
This one was from my sister Leanne.  I lost one the other day so planted that little one down the front...
~
My 2016 Christmas “succulents in a sow” are still going strong...
~
My chamber pot is going nuts!  
~
Here’s how it started out...
~
~
The one up the back in the Coke glass is also from Christmas 2018, from my sister Marilyn...
~
~
The whole collection...
~
...and on my front porch.

That probably bored you to tears but I just love them, especially in my blue and white pots.

Cheers - Joolz xx


9 comments:

  1. Those are all looking great. I grow them too.
    Have those mugs etc. got drainage holes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some do but most don't. They really only need a surface watering to keep them going. They like it quite dry.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing your succulent successes. ;) That succs in a sow is so cute, and the growth in your chamber pot is CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all looking amazing Joolz .... thats one of the things I love about succullents ... you can plant them in almost anything & they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your succulent collection looks great, Joolz! I have only just started growing them, I got a couple of pieces to pot up from a neighbour. So far, they are growing well. I like how they suit different containers and pots. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joolz, not bored at all, they all look beautiful, I have a couple of old chamber pots that could be repurposed in this way too. Did you drill some holes in them for drainage? Fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some have drainage but others don't. I generally give them a water about once a week with a squirt bottle so they just get a surface water in the soil. Too much and they will rot.

      Delete
  6. Well Jules Im with you I love succulents and cactus. They can be quite addictive. There is so much you can do with them and so many cute displays. Not to mention they multiply and are quite hardy.
    I vote more pictures of your lovely displays x

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.