Saturday, February 24, 2018

(Backup) Off camping and WW update...

We are heading off for the day in Ruby and Pearl.  We’ll probably camp at McIntyre Beach if our spot is free.
~
Well, I’ve been testing out some recipes and I’m impressed!  Gus was away Wednesday night also so I made this yummy chicken & coconut curry soup.  I think it took half an hour from chopping to being ready to eat. It made enough for 6 so I’ve frozen the other portions.
~
~
A great, sweet snack - thinly sliced apple.  
~
I walked again on Wednesday, another 2.9km in 30 minutes.  This tree was felled in a new park that is being developed in our tow.  They have put soft fall bark around it so kids can climb on it on their way to and from the nearby primary school.  
~
I made these Date Bliss balls...oh so yummy!
~
~

They have organic cacao in them so you get a nice guilt free chocolate hit...these will be snacks for the next fortnight...it made 36 balls!
~

Some are in the fridge and the others in bags in the freezer, ready to grab.
~
This was a Zero Smart Points lunch - huge! I’ll scale it back a bit next time.  
~
I tried this new yoghurt but didn’t like it. It’s sweetened with Stevia but I don’t like the taste or texture.
~

Gus got home Thursday night and he picked up fresh salmon in MtG on the way home.  I found a WW recipe for grilled fish with mango salsa - this was Zero SP but I did add a teaspoon of caster sugar to balance the lime juice...
~

The salad was a bit sad but overall, all delicious!  Salmon is zero points also!
~
Brekky -  2 scrambled eggs, no added butter (zero points).   Two slices Burgen soy-lin toast, 2 teaspoons light butter spread. 6 points.
~
I went to my AquaMobility class on Friday morning.  It was great! I took one date ball and a bana for snacks and drank plenty of water.  When I got home, I made this yummo turkey wrap with Mountain bread...6 points...
So good!
~

It was such a muggy, steamy day.  I got home from work and just sat and had this little bottle of Kombucha.  This is only 1 Smart Point so is a good choice if you want a bit of fizz and flavour...
~

Dinner - WW Friday Night Pizza!  I didn’t read the recipe quite enough (I was meant to char grill the zucchini and pumpkin but zapped it instead to soften it.  Still good with capsicum, mushroom, tomato, lean salami and bacon and a sprinkle of cheese.  
~
I made two but Gus and I shared one so there is pizza for lunch today too!  I did have two glasses of Pinot Noir which I counted also.
~
Seriously yummy!  I also had a fresh pear, sliced up, for dessert.
~
This morning, I’ve put these leftover veggies in a container and they’ll get tossed into our ommelette tomorrow morning.
~
~
This is a WW Banana and Bluberry bread - I’ll slice this up and freeze portions for snacks for the coming week.
~


So there you are, I’m in the zone and will try really hard to keep at it.  I plan a good beach walk this afternoon and tomorrow morning which should give me a good cardio workout! 
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going well ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos look stunning Joolz & your food looks amazing. Makes me want to reach into my screen & try a bite of everything! Best of luck on your w.w. journey ... I used w.w. years ago & found it a great way to lose weight & keep it off.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.