Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fresh corn...

Nothing beats fresh corn.  I used to buy canned corn but now I try and keep home frozen corn in my freezer.

These cobs were $1.00 each - you can barely buy a small can for that! 

I recently saw this tip on YouTube, I think it was...
Stand your cob of corn on top of a bundt tin and slice off the kernels.  No mess with corn flying everywhere!

Ta dah!

I bag it up in cob lots, suck the air out of the bags and freeze.  Fresh corn with no nasties anytime you need it.
~
I still haven’t posted our adventures in Ruby and Pearl - work got in the way!  We’re also off in R&P tomorrow night and Saturday for the Coonawarra Cabernet Celebrations weekend in Penola so bear with me! 😉
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. Fresh sweet corn - nothing beats it! I love corn and barley soup, corn on the cob, corn fritters, cream corn on toast, bbq corn cobs......a true comfort food. I even remember those little plastic corn cob holders we had in the 1970's for eating corn on the cob.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.