Monday, May 23, 2016

Quiet Sunday...

With the man of the house away for most of the day, I spent a quiet day indoors. 
~
I put towels out as it was really windy but I knew rain was on the way...
~
 It started raining around noon, on and off, so I cross stitched for a while...
~
This pattern is Dear Jane, taken from an old Civil War quilt dating back to 1863.
I'm half way through it now.  I started this back in 2010 and just pulled it out to have another go at it...
~
Our autumn has been mild and I'm still getting roses from the garden...
~
~
I gave the tables out under the pergola a wipe down and de-cobwebbed the windows then swept the pavers. Still a bit of tidying up to do but its better than it was...
~
Bonnie is still under the weather.  Gus (who says he hates the cat) decided she needed some fillet steak to cheer her up! 
~
This morning I tackled another sourdough loaf.  It rose really well.
~
~
~
~
~
I cut it at lunch time and its a bit holier so I'm on the right track!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx












3 comments:

  1. Such happiness in having a day to one self. Somehow I always waste it on things like cleaning! Like it's a Hobbie of mine or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a peaceful day, Ilove those kind of peaceful home days and that sourdough looks fantastic!

    I do not have the patience for cross stitch I'm afraid, but the one your doing looks just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sally turned out beautifully! I'm saying little prayers for Bonnie. I love that Gus thought she needed some steak. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.