Monday, November 9, 2015

room makeovers...

It was a busy weekend as Kirby came home for a school friends wedding and we finally got both girls rooms done.  This is Kirby's...
~
...and Brianna's with a mint green doona cover.  We still need to accessorise a bit with a throw rug maybe and some prints/art on the walls and something to sit on the chest of drawers.  There is a big mirror to go over each chest of drawers too.  My biggest job was throwing out all their school stuff, in Kirby's case, dating back to 2006. Gee, she did a lot of work!   I had to take it all out of folders with plastic sleeves so I could recycle the paper.
~
Brianna's room had a toy box full of stuffed toys that needed rehoming.  Gosh, she loved these little dogs!
~
Look at them all!
~
I had one of those storage bags so I carefully placed them in there then sucked out all the air - voila! Now they take up half the room and can go into a plastic stacker in the shed!

After a few calls, I gave the toy boxes to my niece (they've been picked up today)...
~
So good to have them gone...I got rid of several bags, bits and bobs, advertising on our local Buy/Swap/Sell site on Facebook.  I sold a queen bed and mattress for $100 (pick up today) and I now have just a King Single bed to sell. Yay!
~
I had nearly forgotten to get my pudding fruit soaking but its now in the fridge drowning in brandy!
~
I have also made a start on my Sister presents for Christmas - something beginning with my initial J! 
~
Today, I have sore feet and muscles from bending down, getting up, pushing, pulling furniture and doing a million miles around my house!  It feels good to have the rooms done, ready for our girls or visitors to stay~
Cheers - Joolz xx
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Fruit drowning in brandy - yummo. I can remember the tears when we did a 'mercy-culling' of soft toys once....everyone had a story attached to it - sigh.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.