Monday, July 6, 2015

Out with the old...

...and in with the new...

I spent a nice weekend fairly much inside...enjoying this wonderful series. I got through all of Series 1 and 3 eps in Series 2. Beautifully filmed, wonderful cast and great storyline...I especially love the costumes!
~
I made some lovely bread rolls...
~
Saturday night, Gus made minted lamb racks with mash and green beans...
~

On Sunday, it was time to pull apart our 'good room' so new carpet could be laid on Monday. Wverything was shifted into our family/dining room.
~
The empty room...looks heaps bigger with nothing in it!
~
~
You can see the staining where we tried to get the red wine stain out...
~
Because we are creatures of habit, we chose a carpet very similar in colour and pile. The other was nearly 11 years old and had not worn at all. Our insurance company paid for equal quality carpet to be laid with new underlay also. Our cost - the $250 excess.
we are very pleased with it...
~
We reassembled the furniture last night, putting everything back where it was.  Next job - finding a new leather lounge suit to suit the decor...
~
This is from a few weeks back - that lounge suite is 1 week older than Kirby, who turns 25 in November! It has served us well but it is tattered and ready for retirement. I will be sad to see the Jason recliner/rockers go, I nursed and rocked my two baby girls in that rocker!  ;)
~
The crystal cabinet is a job for the coming weekend - apparently we are heading for a really cold snap so lots of indoor activities will be welcome!
Cheers - Joolz xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.