Monday, June 1, 2015

Frogging hell...

My Commemorative throw rug knitting has got off to a rough start...
I started it last Thursday but only got through the navy part before I dropped a stitch so I unpicked it and started again...
~
I posted this picture yesterday on Facebook and it drew the attention of my sister who has already knitted this rug...
She pointed out that the red section should have been much longer and in stocking stitch K1 row, P1 row) not garter stitch (K all rows).  I had read and re-read the pattern yet still missed this important bit!
Ugh! Start again, Joolz!!
Cheers - Joolz xx

3 comments:

  1. That's why I am a wannabe knitter! I started a scarf a couple of years ago.....ok....three years ago.....and all was going swimmingly until I messed up the pattern in one row (but didn't notice for a few more rows) ...so there it has sat....because I can't be bothered undoing it ....or starting it again.....I do like to knit, but should stick to just garter stitch! Can't go wrong with that.....or can you!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop in from "Down to Earth" I haven't learn to knit. But that one thing on my bucket list.
    I'm gathering up material to crochet my son and his wife an rug. The colors I'll be using is red, black, and yellow.
    If you have the time stop on over to my blog for a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you are knitting. I can knit, with difficulty, and I used to crochet a bit but I haven't picked up needles or a hook for years.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.