Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Homemade lasagne...

 

In a big pot, saute 1 onion, 1 large stick celery, 1 carrot, a small zucchini grated and 1 large portobello mushroom (or use button mushys) in a knob of butter. Stir until soft. Add in 500gms lean beef mince and brown off, breaking down lumps.
Add a can of tomato puree and a can of diced tomatoes, 1 tspn beef stock powder, good drizzle of balsamic vinegar, good crack of salt and pepper, a handful of torn, fresh basil leaves (or sprinkle of dried Italian gerbs)and a tablespoon of sugar.
Cover with a lid, just unsealed and let simmer away for a good hour or more, stirring every now and then. It should taste gooood!
Meanwhile, make a white bechamel sauce .
 

I use fresh pasta sheets (San Remo) and I dip each in water before layering.

Start with a few tablespoons of sauce on the bottom, sheet of pasta to fir base of dish, more meat, bechamel, sprinkle of grated cheddar and repeat - I think I had 4 layers of pasta sheets. Finish with bechamel and sprinkle of cheese.

~

Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 180c until bubbling and golden.

Serve with a green salad and garlic bread. Enjoy this winter warmer!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

2 comments:

  1. that looks fantastic Joolz!!!! Whenever I look at your blog I get super hungry LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello joolz,
    your homemade lasagne look delicious and make me hungry.
    today i have made homemade cannelloni.
    have a nice restweek,
    regina

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.