Thursday, May 28, 2015

Busy times...

Sorry, I've been absent for a while. We had Bri home for a week (so good) then we went to Sydney for 4 days last weekend...
The perfect boiled egg. Everyone likes them cooked differently and it's a personal thing but I like mine with a cooked solid white but the yolk runny and creamy. On MasterChef, Marco Pierre White suggests boiling water in a saucepan then carefully putting the eggs in. My eggs are just right at 5 minutes 45 seconds...
Bri and I enjoyed Thai when we had to zip to Mt Gambier... $11.90 lunch specials!
Aren't these little guys cute? Bri has self-taught herself to crochet (YouTube) so she's been churning lots of these out.
I enjoyed cooking for her. She likes Devilled Sausages...
...and corned beef with veggies and broc-cauliflower cheese bake...
While Bri crocheted, I knitted - another nice dish cloth (or wash cloth).

I am awaiting the delivery of my kit to knit this Commemorative Throw - Shades of our Forces. The colours represent the Army, Airforce and Navy. I chose to knit it in wool rather than acrylic.
Kits are available for a limited time at the Better Homes and Garden shop site.
Now this - this is my sister Leanne's completed throw rug. Isn't it beautiful? I hope mine turns out as nice!
I'll be back with a few pictures of Sydney soon...
Cheers - Joolz xx








9 comments:

  1. tell Bri well done, love those owls, so cute. I just cannot get the hang of crochet. Even knitting is a challenge for me. I now have a craving for boiled eggs, yours looked so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE your cranberry glass Joolz! This was such a fun and interesting post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crocheted owls are so cute! I have been wanting to learn crochet for ages - I might try Youtube as well. Your dishcloth is lovely.
    We musn't live that far away from each other if you go to the Mount. I am in Hamilton, used to live in Penola. Great to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, I live in Millicent. Yes, try YouTube for tutorials, there are some good ones.

      Delete
    2. We have friends in Millicent - small world! I really need to get to Geltwood one of these years. Closest I've come so far is Lucindale Field Days!

      Delete
    3. Yes, although I am not a quilter, the Geltwood Festival is wonderful. Lots of exhibitions and some workshops too plus you get to see our beautiful region.

      Delete
  4. Yum, that's how I like my eggs too. Cute owls and gorgeous throw! Interested in your broc-cauliflower cheese bake recipe...please. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just make a white sauce out of a big knob of butter and 2 heaped tablespoons plain flour - whisk this around to cook off the flour then add milk and stir like crazy so you don't get lumps. Add more milk as it thickens. Add a handful (!) of cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and a teaspoon of dry mustard powder...
      Cut up your broccoli and cauliflower into small florets, place in a small baking dish. I usually add a small amount of water then cover and microwave for 3 minutes to get it started. Drain off water then pour white cheese sauce over the veggies. Top with more cheese and bake until golden and bubbling... YUM!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...