Monday, May 18, 2015

Autumn at it's finest...

The weather has been much better here. It was still and cold on Saturday but Sunday was bright and sunny.
Bri requested muffins so I whipped up a batch of Poh's basic muffin mix then added dried blueberries and choc chips.
They were really good. The addition of sour cream made them nice and moist.
Saturday we visited my sister and brother-in-law at their little permanent van at Beachport. On the way home, we bought some chips, potato cakes and chicken medallions...naughty!
Gus was in charge of dinner. A salad of rocket leaves, avocado, pear and parmesan drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Baked potatoes...
Pork chops with a strawberry balsamic sauce - it didn't plate up very nicely but sure tasted great.
Sunday morning, I snapped this pic at about 7am but it turned out so dark...
I edited this pic because it was so dark on my camera.  Have you ever played around with settings in your phone camera?

I stayed this dish cloth on Saturday but it didn't progress any further...
Sun streaming in the house is so nice after the bleak weather we have had.
I made bread sticks to have as nibbles with our lunch. We decided to have a paddock fire as the weather was so nice...
Sprinkled with olive gomasio...
~
I had some olive paste so I made a simple olive pizza...
I just cut it into thin wedges and served it with tatziki dip - yum!
Don't they look great?
~
Bri invited my niece and family out for a catch up...this is dear little Tex...such a smiley boy!
We enjoyed some Californian wine...excellent...
How's the serenity?
My sister and bro-in-law also called in and also Gus' mate...
~
Brax entertained us with his dancing and antics...I think he ate 20 toasted marshmallows!
The fire was only small but it really threw out some heat...
This poor tree is dead - plenty of firewood in this one. We just need to get it felled for us...
Everyone left once it got dark but we stayed on, cooked some lamb chops on the spit for dinner then retired inside at 9.30pm...it was a big day!
Autumn is a lovely time of year if the sun shines!
Cheers - Joolz xx

4 comments:

  1. Food, Family, Fun. It all looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always leave your blog feeling hungry!! Lovely photos of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing what food your eating/making...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely day Joolz, great photos as well. I liked your idea of those simple breat sticks, they looked beaut too :D)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.