Sunday, November 9, 2014

Catching up...

So, I've got things working on my iPad again... So I'll start off from last weekend (which is where I lost the post)...

I made these ginger snap biscuits with the thought of putting them in our local country show...
They were delicious, but they went rock hard (as in break a tooth off, rock hard)!
Then it was off to lunch with my fiends Helen, Tracey and Mandy. We did lunch at a nice cafe then went to see a movie. Lots of laughs!
When I got home, Gus was washing cars, mowing lawns etc so I was in charge of dinner... This is the kacumber salad I made to go with the dish - onion, cucumber, tomato, chilli, mint and coriander sprinkled with vinegar and sugar to pickle it...

It was a chicken pattie dish from Mr Todiwala's Indian book... I made the mince curry...

...then encased it is a dry mashed potato and bread crumb mix to form the patties...
I made wholemeal chapattis and a yoghurt mint sauce to accompany the patties...
The movie we saw was This is where I leave you - I love a movie with lots of characters, all entwined with a story that comes together in the end. We all loved it - we laughed and got a bit teary too and it had a nice ending. Good chick flick!
Remember Mallory Keaton from Family Ties, played by Justine Bateman...?
Her brother is Justin Bateman, lead role in the movie...
He started off the movie, clean shaven then when things turned to shite and his wife...oops, nealy gave it away!
He grows a beard and looks this handsome for the rest of the film!
I'd give it 4/5 for value entertainment!
 
So now I'm up to date, I'll tell you all about my show exhibits in the next post!
 
Cheers - Joolz xx
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.