Saturday, May 25, 2013

French bread ... sort of ...

 I used this recipe for French Bread from Our Old Homestead.  I used the same recipe but because I used a mixer and didn't mix by hand, it sort of went a bit differently.
~
 I was very happy with how the dough rose the first time. Wow!
~
 These are the loaves rising for the second time in my just warm oven ( for 35 mins) ... I think I should have just baked them after 15 minutes (in a hot oven) as when they rose the 2nd time they lost all of their shape...
~
 Two good loaves...
~
This is the plait loaf and it looks more like a Turkish Pide bread ...  All still edible, just not quite
French stick material!  I will perfect this is coming weeks... once we eat our way through all this bread!
~
Cheers - Joolz  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.