Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Stuffing Muffins ...

I am so pleased I found this recipe - the muffins were a delicious addition to our Christmas lunch...
~
The recipe can be found here but I basically made my own up as I went along...
~
Half a large french stick, roughtly chopped into 1/2 inch pieces, crust and all
3-4 rashers of bacon, chopped with rind off
a small onion
2 tablespoons butter 
a large stick of celery, diced finely
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1 packet of instant stuffing mix - I used this one
about 2 cups of chicken stock (you may need more or less)
salt & pepper, dried herbs like sage, oregano, thyme, marjoram - a good shake of each
~
Saute the onion, celery & bacon in the butter until softened and the bacon is just starting to crisp.  Add in the cranberries and apricots and herbs, salt and pepper.  Toss around to coat with butter.
~
Add in the french stick bread and the the stuffing mix and mix well.  Gradually add the stock, a ladle at a time until the mix resembles a good stuffing.  
~
I used patty pans (lightly sprayed with cooking oil spray) in my muffin tray so they wouldn't stick - good move!  Using an icecream scoop, I dolloped the stuffing into the patty pans - this made them a uniform size.
~
Now bake in a 180C oven for about 20 minutes until crispy and just golden.
~
Tah dah!  Stuffing muffins!  Everyone loved them!
~
Cheers - Joolz

1 comment:

  1. at least everyone would get some this way some peple in our house hog all the stuffing leaving very little for others

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.