Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mingling at the markets ...

Today we visited the famous Salamanca Markets here in Hobart. It is the biggest market I have ever seen and it happens every Saturday! Lots of people, wood products, art and craft, second hand stalls, food and bric-a-brac. I bought a little Tasmanian Devil and a Tassie map fridge magnet handcrafted from Huon Pine - I don't like buying souvenirs 'made in China'. After a couple of hours, my feet were killing me so we headed for the shopping precinct before returning to our room.  Ouch! ...... I may just burn my shoes when I get home!
We are having a night in tonight - our room as a mini kitchen so I am making a Mango Chicken Curry with rice and naan bread - I am still recovering from our Tapas Bar night out from last night....
~
Cheers - Joolz 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love these markets to see what everyone has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.