Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sunrise at my house...

So it is winter in my part of the world... and while we don't get snow and zero degrees weather like the US and Europe, it still is cold to us.
~
This pic was taken of my back yard with the winter sun hitting the garden bed last Thursday (27/6). It was the first bit of sun we'd seen in a few days.
~
Last Thursday had a cracker sunrise - this picture was taken at 7.05 am
~
Ten minutes later and the sky was ablaze with oranges, pinks and purples...
~
7.15 am
~
~
Next morning at 7.20 am there was no sunrise to speak of, just a black sky with plenty of rain coming.
~
Sunday morning 8.33 am, a promise of sunshine but the day was interspersed with heavy showers and not much sun at all.
~
This morning at 7.47 am, cloudy but a bit of blue sky and maybe some sunshine? At least the rain might stay away today. We've had heaps in June and things are quite waterlogged around town. Our tanks are well and truly overflowing (I hate hearing that running, wasting water sound).
~
Hump day today. I didn't want to get out of bed. Why is it that when you just find that comfortable position, the pillow is just right, the temperature under the covers is just right and you doze off after a fitful nights sleep .... the alarm goes off ?!!

~
More end of financial year stuff for me to do today. My computer went on the fritz yesterday which was very frustrating so I hope the technician has been this morning and fixed it. All my work is done on computer so when it is down, so am I!
~
Stay cool or warm, friends!
Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures you have captured Joolz. I never get to see sunrises, because my bed is too cosy. I haven't even seen the frosts from the last couple of mornings, I love school holidays, cos I get to sleep in every day :)

    Have a great day!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sunrise! We were at 106F last week (41C?)...ugh.

    Hope your computer situation is running smoothly again.

    oh, I posted the recipe for the ribs.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.