Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Grampians Grape Escape Festival 2012...

I originally prepared the text for this post last Tuesday but my pc decided not to save it so when I went to publish it, just the pictures were there... grrr!
~
For that reason, I will keep it fairly word free, suffice to say that we had a great time again at the GGE - ate too much, drank just enough and enjoyed the day...
~
Halls Gap Caravan Park...
~
Taking the chill off the night - T2 Chai tea in the billy...
~
Ruby all set up...
~

Gus prepared our Saturday night dinner early so we had something to come home to... fresh garlic and rosemary, oil, salt and pepper marinade for some lamb cutlets...
~
Our friends Peter and Kathy were joining us later in the day.
~
Pop them in a zip-lock bag, give them a good smoosh around then whack them in the fridge to marinate all day...
~
Off to the festival - glass of wine first up while we watched Adrian Richardson (Good Chef/Bad Chef) do his cooking demonstration...
~
~
Making sausages in a caulking gun - fun times!
~
Sampling some beer and cider...
~
I didn't have the Belgian Waffles...
~
... but I asked a passerby if I could photograph hers... she obliged! Gus thought I was a bit cheeky!
~
So many stalls with yummy food - cupcake anyone?
~
Obligatory Lavender stall...
~
Homemade goodies...
~
We had lamb, fetta, caramelised onion and tomato wood fired pizzas for lunch... Gus wants one of these for our back yard - I keep saying 'How many pizzas can we eat?' ...
~
So many soap stalls - it is a big industry in country Victoria, obviously...
~
Cute Goats Milk soaps (love the molds) - each soap is named after a goat...
~
This nutty lady was selling wonderful toasted, slated, spiced and toffeed peanuts, almonds and cashews. She even had earrings made of almonds!
~
A bigger crowd than last year, I think...
~
More soaps...
~
Olive oil and olives...
~
Again more soaps - not as good as Granny's though!
~
Sauces, jams and jellies...
~
Mettwurst, pickles and sauces...
~
Poffertjes!
~
It was late in the afternoon so I succumbed...
~
Back at the caravan park, the kangaroos come in on dusk, hoping to be fed. They are quite tame but I kept my distance - wouldn't want to tangle with one of them...
~
~
Time to pop those cutlets on the BabyQ for dinner...
~
We had potatoes roasted in campfire coals, tossed salad, warm pasta and olive bread.
~
~
Camp breakfast...
~
We stopped quickly to take a picture of the Big Koala then it was off home - time to unpack Ruby, tidy her up and put her away for another adventure.
~
Cheers - Joolz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.