Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wet and Windy & Freckley...



Wednesday, 9th June - wet, wet, wet weather...
~
We haven't had good heavy showers like this since April so it was lovely to hear it bucket down.
~
Granny's Garden featured some Freckle biscuits here (Granny has a lovely blog). I had a recipe for them so I whipped up a batch. Seriously, these are so goooood! Buttery, crunchy and chocolatey all at once!
~
FRECKLE BISCUITS OR THUMBPRINT COOKIES
180 gms butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/2 cup SR flour
1 1/2 cups plain flour
chocolate freckles or jam to decorate
~
Preheat oven to 180C. Line trays with baking paper.
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Stir in flours and mix to form a dough. Roll large teaspoonsful into a ball and place on the tray. Either squash a freckle chocolate into each ball or poke your finger into each ball then fill hole with jam of your choice. Bake for 10-12-15 minutes until golden. Remove onto wire racks to cool.
~
Another variation is to get a small bag of baking mini-M&M's - stir through dough, roll into balls, squash each one slightly and bake.
~
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. The cookies look great and I have sound effects right now for your rain. We are just getting a thunder shower that I hope will cool off the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some rain and your garden will enjoy it too. Buttery, crispy and chocolaty biscuits what could be better,lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...the rain. We need it here.
    I clicked on the link for the cookies. That recipe looks delish. I'll have to convert grams to our unit of measurement....but that shouldn't take me long.
    I send you hugs from the Southeastern portion of the USA.
    (I live about 10 minutes from the Florida line...)
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...both the rain AND the cookies. Thanks for the recipe, and I love the packaging in the cellophane bag!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.