Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Winter garden...

This is just about the only colour in my garden at the moment. I can't wait for spring and (slightly) warmer weather.
*
My carpet roses have been pruned back (they are just starting to shoot new green growth now).
I desperately need a load of bark to re-mulch and stop weeds.
*
There are heaps of spindly little weeds that take ages to pull out. Its back breaking work. That old cat mint bush on the far left will be dug out. Not sure if I'll let it regrow or poison it and put something else in. It is nice and green over summer. Hmmm.
*
This huge yellow daisy is the other colour in the garden.
This little girl likes her spot. I think I'll plant more Agapanthus soon, they keep green over winter and flower over summer. I have a deep purple one called Black Magic and a pale pink one called Strawberry Ice. They should take off this summer then I can divide them up to get more plants. For summer, I plant lots of petunias and they last through until late autumn. I am also after a Jane McGrath Foundation rose (pink).
*
Whats happening around your neck of the woods?
*
Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. I'll take your winters anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess it doesn't get super cold where you are...of course, here in Georgia is not so bad either, but we do get freezes.

    Love the colors that you showed and they stand out more because they are alone in their coloring!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    p.s. We weeded the daylights out of our garden and tied up drooping tomatoes, then planted a second harvest of green beans.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.