Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Mary Wigham...

I have my fabric and all the coloured cottons to start my sampler (bought new skeins so the dye lots will be the same). I have stayed with the original charted colours so hope they look okay. Some people choose their own colours but I would have no clue. Will start later tonight. Only thing - I haven't decided if I should use 1 or 2 strands of cotton. Two will give a stronger overall colour but one strand will be more delicate. Hmmm?!
*
It's a good night to get a knee rug and sit by the fire. Bri is working and Kirb is out with friends. M.O.T.H (Man Of The House) is cooking dinner - Lamb chops in plum sauce etc.
*
Cheers - Joolz

3 comments:

  1. 1 or 2 strands depends on the fabric count you ended up going with. You mentioned aida previously, so if you ended up with 14 count aida, you would need at least 2 threads, maybe even 3 for decent coverage. 18 count - probably 2; 22 count - maybe 1 thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love when MOTH is cookin' dinner ! Happy stitching :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good night at home for you.

    I have an award at my blog if you would like to collect.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.