Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Melting Moments...

MELTING MOMENTS
*
180gms butter, softened but not melted
(I use Homebrand butter, please do not use margarine)
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/3 cup corn flour
1.5 cups plain flour
*
Preheat the oven to 180C
Line baking trays with Gladbake silicon paper (never fail/always non stick)
*
Using electric beaters, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and creamy.
*
Fold in sifted flours gradually until smooth and combined. If it is a bit sticky, just add a spoonful or two of plain flour until you can easily roll a ball in your hand.
*
Roll large teaspoonfuls of mixture into smooth, evenly sized balls. Place on trays, evenly spaced then press down on each ball with a 'floured' fork to make the line pattern.
*
Bake for 6 minutes then turn trays around and bake a further 5 minutes or so, keeping an eye on them so they don't brown too much but just have a golden tinge.
*
Remove carefully from trays and allow to cool on a wire rack.
*
ICING
1 large tblspn condensed milk
1 large tblspn softened butter
1 - 1.5 cups icing sugar (give or take - if its too dry, add a little more milk)
*
Beat cond. milk and butter until creamy then beat in the sugar until creamy. Place icing in piping bag and sandwich biscuits together. Allow to set then arrange on a pretty plate and dust with icing sugar.
*
Cheers - Joolz

8 comments:

  1. Thankyou Jools!(I think):0) Im going to make these this weekend.(There goes the diet!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I would love one of those with my coffee..mmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just called in to your place to have a virtual coffee & biscuit with you. Mmmm taste great Joolz your a great cook!! I shall pop in later for a glass of wine & some cheese.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making my wish come true from when I asked for this recipe after you posted those pictures of them. They just look so pretty, Joolz.
    Don't worry about margarine with me...NOTHING can take the place of real butter in baking for sure!!
    I will be copying and trying these beauties out...thank you again!

    blessing and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just about to have coffee and have some cinnamon buns in the oven but I'd love to have one of those! I'd also love the bucket of biscuits down below!!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look like a sure heart-attack to happen. I guess I will have to go for it! What a delicious way to go huh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use real butter for mine too, so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.