Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book...

for today, Saturday 7th June, 2009

Outside my window...
it is dark and it has just started raining again.
*
I am thinking...
keep raining, I love the sound of heavy rain on the tin roof.
*
I am thankful for...
Bri's friend, Samantha is okay. She had a seizure last night but she is doing alright.
*
From the kitchen (outdoor tonight)...
homemade pizzas cooked in our Weber kettle barbecue. Yummy!
*
I am wearing...
(earlier) blue jeans, black top and black heeled boots...(now) trackies and a windcheater and my pink slipper uggies.
*
I am creating...
nothing much creative going on today. I watched 'The Lake House' (Sandra Bullock & Keanu Reeves) early this morning. I enjoyed it as I didn't have any interuptions. This afternoon, after a trip to pick up Bri and her friends, I watched Anchorman. Funny!
*
I am going...
to have another quiet day home tomorrow. A bit of laundry, maybe some cooking/baking, watch TV and cross stitch, visit my mum.
*
I am reading...
Michelle Obama's (Wow, she's my age and the first lady of the US!) biography by Liza Mundy and The Girl Next Door by Elizabeth Noble.
*
I am hoping...
Kirby has a good week in Adelaide before she comes home for a week
for swot vac on Friday. She loves her new snuggly flannelette sheets I sent up to her.

*
I am hearing...
Angus saying cheerio to Wayno who dropped in for a few beers and Bri is watching 'The Breakfast Club'.
*
Around the house...
relatively neat and tidy. We moved a king single bed back into Kirby's room so she can be in her own room when she comes home.
*
One of my favourite things...
Angus cooking dinner on Sunday nights. Thank you!
*
A few plans for the rest of the week...
just going to work. We have been thankfully busy lately so there will be lots of nice paperwork for me to do. I like being busy at work. Oh, and I get my nails done on Thursday.
*
A picture I am sharing...
Bri and Kirby being cheeky for the camera before Kirby's Graduation. Naughty!
*
*
Enjoy your holiday Monday and remember our dear Queen Elizabeth II. Long may she reign!
*
Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. I am listening to the rain on my tin roof as I write this. We haven't really had much rain this weekend. Just showers, gone so quickly! I loved this post. A clever way to tell us lots of what you are thinking without a lot of words. Have a great holiday Monday and a brilliant week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Joolz, a lovely post.
    ove, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.