Saturday, October 18, 2008

A sewing I will go...

Wow! I am feeling like the cat that swallowed the canary! In a single afternoon, I have completed presents for my 4 older sisters for Christmas. Each year, we pick a theme and hand make the presents. Last Christmas we made presents made from 'paper'. This year the theme is 'anything made from fabric'.

To anyone who sews, this would be very easy and many ideas would spring to mind immediately. I can only sew straight lines and even then they are a bit wobbly so the simpler the better.

I have seen so many ideas on different blogs but they are mostly outside my skill level. Anyway, I finally chose a project, easy enough for me to attempt. I am thrilled - each of the four projects turned out and I got better as I went along. I amazed myself!

All that is left for me to do is to get ribbon of different colours on Monday and finish off the items totally and print out a poem that goes with it. Can't wait to see the finished articles, ready for wrapping. :) Oooh, and it's only mid-October. The pressure is off!

I even offered to make similar pressies for k17's 3 female teachers. She thought that was a great idea. B14 might like a couple for her teachers as well. There is no stopping me now.

My other thought for a pressie was:
1 linen teatowel - either applique a heart/flower on it in contrasting material
Then make small batches of eg. tomato chutney, lemon butter, spice rub for meat, small
bottle of home made lemon cordial, small batch of my Melting Moment biscuits or Rocky Road. Buy a $2 gift box from cheap shop, lay teatowel inside and fill box with goodies.

That might be something I could make my Mum and Mum-in-law.

I'll try and post a photo when I've got them properly completed and tweaked. For some reason, a photo takes about 10 minutes to load so it is a tedious process.

Till then,

Cheers - Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.