Monday, October 27, 2008

My baby turned 15 !!!!

It was B's 15th birthday on Thursday. We went out for dinner in Mt. Gambier at the Vanilla Bean Cafe - delicious! Then on Saturday, she had 6 friends come over and sleep in our new shed.

They are a nice bunch of girls but they had me running, keeping them fed! They consumed popcorn, savoury biscuits, M&M's, chocolate fondue with strawberries and marshmallows, 3 layer ice-cream cake (homemade with smashed Clinkers, Crunchie and Maltesers - oh yes, it was goooood!), chips, puffy dogs and chicken crunchies - on Saturday - then on Sunday I did pancakes for breakfast then we had a BBQ for lunch. They were all gone by about 3.30pm on Sunday but the house was dishevelled.

I have just finished tidying up, the kitchen is back to normal, walk-in linen press is tidy, putting away sleeping bags, folding sheets, laundry is on the 4th load with about 4 more to do - because I didn't do any Saturday or Sunday.

I think for her 16th we will go to a restaurant with a few of her friends and that will do it. I just don't have it in me. And I still have to get thru K17's 18th birthday in November. No idea what we are doing for that yet. I think we will book out a room at a pub, guests can pay for their dinner and we will pay for drinks. No tidying up afterwards, just leave! :)

Well, must hang out another load - I've had the morning OFF - then get ready for work at 1pm. When I get home it's more laundry, folding, put away, plan dinner, take B15 to basketball, make dinner, tidy up then bed. Phew!

Cheers - Joolz


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.