Thursday, August 2, 2018

Here’s August and the count down is on...


We’re off overseas in a months time so I’m starting to get organised. These are all my supplements I need to take...
~

WW Chicken, sweet potato and spinach lasagne...
~

We made another trip to Adelaide last weekend. I need a few things for the trip.  Bri has moved in with her partner so I was in invited to dinner on Sunday night at their place.  Michael has built a new home so they are now roomies together.  Bri always make a smashing pavlova so I thought I’d try this recipe for Rocky Road...
~

WW Friday night pizzas loaded with veggies and a bit of pepperoni and salami - delicious and healthy!
~

Here is Bri wearing the Oodie I bought her.  It’s an oversized fleecy top, so cuddly and warm.  Ideal for TV watching on cold nights.  Too hot for me, I’d self combust and you’d find me as a pile of ashes where I sat! Lol!
~

On Saturday, after a successful morning (I got white and black summer trousers and a pair of boots and Sketchers sneakers), the girls and I had lunch at Fine and Fettle.  This is Kirby’s green curry chicken, which was blazingly spicy...her mouth was still burning when we left.
~

I had the duck pastrami sandwich - so delicious!
~

~

...and Bri had the corn and manchego cheese fritters. Very yummy food!
~

Gus and I went on a date Saturday night...we don’t often go out in the city by ourselves as we like to catch up with the girls.  Both had other plans so it was just us.  We dined at Stones Throw, on The Parade.  Beautiful, fresh food...these are Gus’s oysters...which he declared superb!  We shared our dishes...
~

Beef carpaccio
~

This was king fish served in a tomato and onion bouillabaisse...the flavours were so delicious, we cleaned the bowl! 
~

This was a lentil, tomato smash side dish but it didn’t take our fancy much.  We were too enthralled in the king fish.  We decided against dessert.…
~

...but decided to have ‘one more’ at the bar before going home...we had two! This is a spiced rum espresso! 
~


After recovering on Sunday morning, I got around to some baking.  I made these wicked Dark chocolate and salted caramel brownies...
~

...then the OMG! Rocky Road.  Seriously, the best!

~

I made two batches of bread rolls.  One plain and the other with chia seeds...
~

The brownies were packed up for Kirby to take to her work buddies and the RR went to Michael and Bri’s...
~

This was the magnificent roast lamb that Michael cooked for us! Fabulous!
~

WW Turkey rissoles, surprisingly good with hand cut oven fries and Waldorf salad with creamy yoghurt dressing...
~

Wednesday morning 1/8/18 weigh in...

76.3 kg for a total loss so far of 9.7 kgs 
~

My morning espresso...
~

WW Indian salmon curry...dinner last night...
~

~

An omelette this morning for brekky...2 eggs, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, red onion and ham, seasoned with herb medley, salt and pepps...
~

2 points for the ham in it...
~
 I’m nearly at my 10kg goal, even though it’s taken me 6 months.  If you like cooking, I cannot recommend Weight Watchers highly enough.  We have eaten some fantastic food, all low in fat but full on flavour.
~
That’s me up to date.  I might show you my packing situation and some of my outfits...

Cheers - Joolz xx



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Joolz - it is a slow process isn't it. It has taken me ten months to lose 9 kgs, think I need to lay off the alcohol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joolz, that's a lot of nice food there. You are such a good cook. You have such a nice time with your girls. You are very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing really well with your weight goal, Joolz. It doesn't look as though you've been deprived of good food. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.