Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Photo dump catch up...


My Vegepod is on it’s last legs.  The strawberry plants in the front have failed to produce anything and that one tomato plant is hanging on, it still has green cherry toms on the vine but our temps are just too cold to ripen them now...
~

Time to rip it all out and maybe plant some broccoli ....
~

Winter has come to us with a vengeance - lots of rain last week and this week, just plain cold, still days.  Porridge is keeping me warm...
~

I’ve been making biscuits to sell at our community Hub, but I find it very time consuming for the return...
~

Last Friday night’s dinner - simple bolognese...
~

More baking on Saturday morning for the Hub...
~

All packed up ready to deliver!
~

I was given some apples and rhubarb so I stewed them up to pop into the freezer for a cheeky crumble or two!
~

Good grief!  I took this pic on Saturday at 2pm! Only 7C!
~

I thought a Mulberry gin and ginger beer might warm the cockles...and it did! 
~

I made spelt bread rolls to pop into the freezer...
~

Gus made this WW meal which turned out lovely.
~

~

Sunday morning I made those 2-ingredient bagels, doubling the recipe to make 4.
~

~

Very nice with scrambled eggs!
~

Mmmm, apple and mulberry crumble! 
~

Made even better with a scoop of vanilla icecream!
~
My Monday weigh in this week 18/06/18 - 77.8kg (which is the same as Tuesday last week.  No loss or gain but I’m okay with that (8.2 kg lost so far).  Winter is a time for eating foods to sustain you and I must admit, eating a nice salad plate when it’s 7C outside, really isn’t that appealing! I’ll keep plugging away, being mindful of what goes in my mouth.
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.