Sunday, June 17, 2018

Family reunion in Daylesford...


On the Queen’s Birthday long weekend, we set off on the Saturday to head to Daylesford for a McDonald family reunion...
~

It was a very foggy morning with the fog staying until around noon...
~

We had lunch in Ararat at Sicilian’s which was fantastic!  Gus had a tandoori chicken pita wrap and I had a chicken caesar one. It was humungous! I took half off my plate and I was still stuffed!
~

Absolutely the best CC salad I’ve had in a long time! 
~

~

We tootled our way to Daylesford, arriving around 3.30pm...
~

We went out to dinner with everyone at the Royal Hotel.  Again, really good pub food.   Here are cousins, Heather and Fiona...
~

~

Uncle Ross delivers a speech...
~

~

Our powered site at the Daylesford Holiday Park...
~

It was mighty chilly overnight but we were warm and toasty in Pearl.  We had hot water bottles and an extra blanket and were fine.  My nose got a bit cold!
~

Beans for breakfast!
~

We went to the Railway markets and browsed around for a while...
~

We found a nice warm cafe for a coffee with Dunc and Mandy...
~

Gus can never pose for a serious photo!
~

After the coffee, we decided to head out to the Swiss Mountain Hotel which is out the road at Blampied...
~

Gus ordered the gnocchi in blue cheese sauce with an apple and pear salad...I have never tasted gnocchi so tender and tasty! 
~

We also shared this tasting platter which was delicious!
~

We then visited Captain’s Creek winery for a quick taste...then it was time to head back...
~

Sunday night, we all cooked our own dinner then ate in the park club house.  There was a nice open fire in there...
~

It was Mandy’s birthday so I’d bought her a cake - you must have cake and candles on your birthday!
~

~

As oldest of the McDonald cousins, Angus got to blow out candles for his birthday coming on June 22...
~

Eggs and bacon on Monday morning before packing up and saying goodbye to all!
~

We had lunch on the way home in Ararat again, this time at the Vines Cafe and Bar...Gus had CC salad...
~

I had chicken, vegetables and roast potatoes (I left half the spuds)...
~

We had a wet, dark trip home.  This big cloud was just out of Casterton, bringing thunder and lightning with it!
~


~

~

~

When we got home 6pm, we unpacked what we could then I made a curry using a Passage to India sachet, quick, easy and tasty! A big weekend! 
Cheers - Joolz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.