Saturday, March 17, 2018

Where did the week go?


Still on the holiday Monday we had a nice roast pork - no cracklling for me.  The veggies had a scant tablespoon of olive oil on them and were baked in the oven.  Gus did the pork in the Weber. I think roast anything is my favourite meal!
~
When I got home from work on Wednesday, I sat and had a snack of watermelon and banana with a glass of water...pondering what to have for dinner.
~
I had a piece of rump steak so I just winged it and made this stir fry.  I used bok choy, snow peas, capsicum, carrot, onion and used wholemeal soba noodles. For the sauce I threw in a glug of soy sauce, mirin and sweet chilli sauce and thickened it with a teaspoon of corn flour at the end. Absolutely delicious!
~
We’ve been having some beautiful sunrises which I get to see as I’m out on my morning walks...
~
On my walk on Thursday I came across this senseless vandalism...the doggie doo bag dispenser had been ripped apart! What pleasure do people get out of doing this? Brainless idiot!
~
Whoever it was had also had a go at bending the covers on the barbecues...no damage done.
~
I got a nice surprise on Friday - the council had replaced the bag dispenser. They are on the ball!  I hope whoever (whomever?) broke it, steps in dog turd very soon! 
~

How gorgeous is my Soul Sister rose? Poor things have had a hard summer and are nearly finished...
~

~
Someone on the WW Connect site said she adds French Onion soup mix to YoPro plain yoghurt to make dip...so I tried it and OMG!  Using 1/4 of a packet in a tub, it’s only 1 point!  Scrummy with carrot, celery or zucchini sticks...
~

Strawberries are another quick snack that I take to work.  I’ve set an alarm for 11am so I have something like this instead of a cup of coffee.
~

This was delicious!
~
I added a mushroom (steamed them) to each chicken breast...
~
~
Delicious served with broccolini, corn cob (1/2 each) and a bit of that tomato, onion sauce...
~

Friday morning, the whole sky was lit up over the town... (6.58am)
~

6.58am
7.02am
7.03am
~
I might leave it there and come back with another post shortly,

Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. I got a laugh out of the vandal stepping in a dog turd, hopefully they will be barefooted!!! What a good idea the bags are though. Our local council doesn't even have rubbish bins on the most popular walk in town to put it in let alone a bag to assist with the deed.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.