Saturday, February 10, 2018

Cranberry Muesli Loaf...

The current Who magazine had a recipe for a nice loaf so I thought I’d give it a go...
~
A nice batter...
~
It said to top it with muesli but next time I’d just do rolled oats and brown sugar...
~
...as you can see, the fruit in the muesli burned a bit...
~
But the inside was lovely and moist because of the sliced pears...
~
x

It’s delicious - not overly sweet as it only had 1/2 a cup of brown sugar in it.  Very moreish and it says it can also be toasted...

Cheers - Joolz xx

4 comments:

  1. looks good, i often wonder why some recipes still have loads of sugar when they add fruit, as the fruit would be the sweetener? i use honey instead of sugar these days, when i cook; have started to this year as really need to practice my baking/cooking. i have seen some recipes totally omit sugar when they use fresh fruit too.
    lovely photos too
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey would be perfect to swap out the sugar in this recipe, Selina...

      Delete
  2. Hi Joolz, I will have to keep my eye out for this mag, this recipe looks lovely and it looks as if it slices well to. Have a lovely day. Fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona,
      Who mag is a gossip magazine and only features one or two recipes a week. If you zoom in on the picture, you can read the recipe.

      Delete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.