Friday, October 27, 2017

Taking it easy and making pie...


It’s been fun just chilling out here with my girls this week, after my little procedure.  It hasn’t taken much out of me apart from having a slighly sore spot where they inserted the catheter in my groin.  It’s just tender.  I’ve been doing a few chores around the place, in between resting, watching TV. 


Bri and I have been hanging out, watching DVDs (I bought the complete boxed set of As Time Goes By).  I love the characters, Jean and Lionel...


I made a chicken and corn mornay in the morning (so Bri coukd take some for tea for her late shift)...

In the afternoon, I made apple pies.  I used Rhonda’s recipe for
pie crust.   Add flour and cold butter...

The food processor makes the job easy.  Whiz until the flour and butter resemble bread crumbs...

Add the little bit of water and egg yolk and process until it comes together...

Tip it out and bring it together with your hands...

Wrap it up and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until you want to use the dough...

I bought the 4 little pie tins for just $2 in KMart...each pie will hold one apple, chopped up.  I mixed the apple (Granny Smiths) with cinnamon and brown sugar.  I also popped in a teaspoon of cornflour (this thickens any juice)...

I decided to do a lattice pattern (due to lack of pastry left over) and this turned out fine.  I got better as I went along with the four pies...

Here they are, all baked and crispy and smelling amazing!

My Instagram pic...

This is Kirby’s artistic Instagram shot!   The pies were yummy - the apple cooked but stayed firm and was just sweet enough without being too sweet.  Half a pie was all I could manage!

We watched the finale of The Bachelorette then a bit of a movie before calling it a night!

Gus is back in town tomorrow and we are off to Sprout cooking School for their 
Seasonal Dinner which should be fun.

I hope you’re having a nice quiet week like me,

Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of your apple pies Joolz. Sprout cooking school sounds interesting. I’ve just had a look at their site.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little pies look so cute, I haven’t seen such small pie tins before xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.