Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Heirloom recipes...


...a collection of classic recipes and tales of those who made them...to share with your loved ones.

This lovely book arrived in the mail today.  I tried buying it from our local newsagent and they enquired for me but they couldn’t supply it...so I went online and into my cart it popped!  It was $16.99 with free delivery...
When I flicked through, I found a few pages with blue and white china used in the styling.   Instant love!
Each recipe has a story about it’s contributor...
I especially love Bill Bevan’s story.   I aim to try his sponge soon!
There are recipes for tried and true cakes, slices, biscuits, puddings and more...

I’m looking forward to trying a few of these...

Cheers - Joolz xx

5 comments:

  1. I was actually doing a google search yesterday for heirloom recipes. Your book looks like a good one. I have just ordered it through Inter Library Loan Victoria as our library doesn’t have a copy. Looking forward to it.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got some good recipes - a pavlova, date loaf, scones, mint slice, sponge, that chocolate cake! I can't wait to sit and read the stories...

    - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having a lovely catch up reading several of your posts. You'd enjoy a bit of a dig in my "backyard". We are currently bringing up tonnes of blue and white china from the mid to late 1800s

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.