Friday, September 22, 2017

A bit of baking...

I came home from work at 12 noon.  Sitting in my chair made my side hurt again so I came home to rest.
But first, a quick batch of biscuits...
~

This recipe makes heaps of biscuits 🍪 so I baked 2 dozen and have frozen the rest in logs.  I should get another 10 biscuits out of each...

When needed, take from the freezer, slice off rounds, place on a tray and bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes or until golden.  They are delicious! 




I also knocked up a date, apricot and prune loaf.   I'd just got it into the oven....

...when I noticed the egg sitting beside the stove!  Buggerit! 😩
Oh, well - too late now! 
Anyhoo, it turned out just as good without the egg so that was pleasing! 



Here is the recipe that my sister texted to me.   I use a cup of dates and half cup each of dried apricots and prunes and chop the fruit in half.  I use a large saucepan and mix the loaf up in that.  Less dishes!

Cheers - Joolz xx






5 comments:

  1. i like the look of the cake, dates, mmm, looks moist too
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great recipes Joolz. Definitely will be bookmarking these to try soon. Did you chop the peanuts or leave them whole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, I thought of you and your farm gate stall when I was making these! I chopped the peanuts roughly.

      Cheers - joolz xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the recipes. I'm glad it still worked without the egg. I've done that before too.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.