Saturday, January 21, 2017

Eating yummy food...

Rhonda at Down To Earth shared a recipe for Salmon Rissole so I gave them a go...

http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/salmon-rissoles.html

You can add in whatever you like and I added fresh corn kernels. These were very tasty and a good way to get some fish into our diet.

On Thursday night, we had visitors so we took them to The Tasting Room at Mayura to try some Wagyu beef...

Carpaccio beef, melt in your mouth....

You get to sit and watch the meal be constructed...

Steak kebabs...

Roast rump steak, peach, compressed watermelon, mushroms...

Wobbly vanilla bean panna cotta to finish...

I picked more rosebuds to dry...

The lovely Clare at The Life of Clare made a great frittata using her fresh garden veggies and some leftover veg. I made this last night and we had it with loin lamb chops. Very bloody good!

http://thelifeofclare.com.au/lazy-ladys-fritata/

This could be eaten hot or cold (at a picnic). It was delicious!

What are you up to for the weekend? I'm home all weekend so I hope to get into the garden and do some weeding. We have visitors coming tomorrow night for dinner then we have our friends (two couples) coming for Australia Day and the weekend so I need to do out the two bedrooms, dust and make up beds etc.

Cheers - Joolz xx

4 comments:

  1. Your food always looks nice and makes my mouth water. I love a salmon rissole and will try Rhonda's recipe and Clare's quiche turned out well too. We are still having a heatwave here but the weekend is supposed to be a little cooler so I'm getting into the kitchen while I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be so over this heat! We've had it quite mild. It's weird, Adelaide has been having 35C and we are on 25C (I'm not complaining!)...
      I hope those fires are now out or under control. Apparently, deliberately lit?

      Delete
  2. Hi Joolz,

    Well I like the sound of that frittata, and the rissoles too. I think I might try them out on my lot this week. Its going to be hot again so always looking for simpler meals to have :)

    I have had a busy weekend so far. Attended a high tea this afternoon followed by my mother in laws 80th birthday celebrations. My tummy is so full and I'm ready for bed now. Up early tomorrow to water a friends garden while they are away then up to see my parents at Wilmington for the rest of the day :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I shouldn't look at blogs that have food as they always make me hungry! Not good when I'm trying to become fitter :P. I must make some more salmon rissoles and the frittata you made looks delicious.
    Cheers, Robyn

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.