Friday, June 17, 2016

Pizza Monday!

We had a quiet holiday Monday just hanging around the house.  Bri crocheted and I watched DVD's with her then in the afternoon, she helped Gus mow the lawns.
~
We made pizzas for dinner.  I used a new recipe for the dough which I found on Celia's blog, Fig Jam & Lime Cordial...


I found that the longer you let the dough sit after you've made it into 4 balls, the better.  The first pizza ball had a lot of spring back which made it hard to smooth out on the paper.  The last ball just spread out very easily (I also sprayed the paper with olive oil spray so it didn't  crinkle up underneath).
~
 
Potato, rosemary, garlic, parmesan cheese...
~
~
Pesto, chicken, snow peas, red onion, mushroom and cheese...
~
~
We tried cooking this pizza in our new wood fire but the fire was too hot and the bottom burnt.  I think our pizzas are best done in Gus's Weber.  We'll try other things on the fire another time.  We needed to keep the heat up so we could stay warm...
~
This is my go-to pizza - tomato base, bacon, salami, mushroom, tomato, cheese, pineapple, olives, sprinkle of oregano...
~
Joolz supreme
~

~
This was the last ball of dough and you can see, it had relaxed quite a bit...
~
and was easy to spread out with my fingers.  This is dinner plate size.
~
The last pizza - Brianna's barbecue chicken...
~
By this stage we were fairly full so most of this went into the fridge for next day!
~
Brianna crocheted me a little cat, in Bonnie's colours - so cute!
~

~
Do give this pizza dough a go, the crust was delicious!
Cheers - Joolz xx










6 comments:

  1. I'll have what Joolz is having...that Supreme looked fantastic!

    I just saw the pattern for the little crocheted cat somewhere...probably Pinterest. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try again on your new fire - wait till there are no flames just hot coals - it will work beautifully...promise :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will. It was such a cold night that we didn't want to let the fire die down. Just coals would be perfect. Cheers!

      Delete
  3. I intend to try Celia's recipe, Joolz. There are so many recipes on her site I want to try. She should open a bakery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pizzas all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a master at all things baked!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.