Thursday, May 26, 2016

Squash and spinach rotolo...

I've made this dish a few times now and it really is yummy. 
~
Unfortunately, the link which I put up on that post is now defunct but I found another one which has the recipe...
http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/squash-and-spinach-pasta-rotolo/13776/
~
 I added chicken this time as I'm not a good veggo but otherwise its a lovely, warming vegetarian dish.
~
I roasted pumpkin (I didn't have squash) and an onion, drizzled with olive oil, on an oven tray until tender and slightly caramelised. About half way through, I threw in 5 chicken tenderloins (also tossed in a bit of oil) so they'd cook too. Once done, allow to cool and break up the chicken into little bits  before assembling.  I also used fresh spinach instead of frozen...
~
After I took this pic, I filled the gaps up with pasta sauce then topped with a bit of grated cheese...
~
A nice dish if you are sick of spag bol or other pasta dishes.
~

Update on Bonnie, our cat - she has made no improvement in the past week.  She actually took off on Wednesday morning and spent the night out in very cold, wet weather.  We thought she'd gone off to die, perhaps.
Anyway, she turned up last night but she is no better.  It seems her vocal chords are also affected as you can hear her breathing/purring very loud, even when she is at rest.  I have taken her to the vets and they will look at her later today.  It seems she may have either had a stroke as she has paralysis to her left side or maybe brain lesions or a worse inner ear infection than first thought.  Things do not look good...
~
Joolz xx


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that recipe and inspiration, I think I'll make it tomorrow night when all the kids are here for tea.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.