Thursday, March 31, 2016

Getting there...

After renting a cpap machine since last November, it was time to buy my own.
~
I went for the ResMed AirSense 10 Elite...
~
...with a Mirage FX (for her) nasal mask. I didn't like the full face mask even though I am a snorer.
~
So I have been really trying to get more hours usage each night with some better results than previously.
~

I can download my score each morning which tells me how I went ...
~
I am aiming at 75 and above as previously I was only using the machine for about 2 hours a night before ripping it off my face! I am more tolerant of it now.
~
Any less than 5 'events' in the time you have it on, is good so I am doing well there.
~
Anyone out there using a cpap machine and loving life? Or not? I'd love to hesr from you...
Cheers - Joolz xx

 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. I have one, and I'm a bad girl as I haven't been using it lately. It didn't bother me, except that if I roll over too far away the whole darn thing would slide off the nightstand. I'm looking for a nightstand with drawers, so that I can put it in the top drawer and sleep with the drawer open. That sounds pretty lame as I type it out. I do know someone whose daughter died in her sleep while her CPAP sat unused, so I have no excuse.

    I'm making koftas/flatbread again tonight. I bought mint this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, yeah they basically told me its life or death if I dont use it regularly because of my severity. Naughty girl ,get back to it! Can you buy a longer tube, mine is about 2 meters long so i loop it up behind my pillow then connect it over my right shoulder.
      The lady said the odd night off it is okay (eg when we camp at the beach) and if I have a cold etc.
      Good luck with the koftas!
      Cheers - Joolz xx

      Delete
  2. I've been using mine faithfully (and I MEAN faithfully!) for about 6 months now. They told me the same as they told you, and it scared the bejeebers out of me - so I don't even nap without it! They also told me to get a battery back-up or generator in case the electricity goes out, because of the severity. My bedroom now looks like an industrial zone, but I'm sleeping like a baby (minus the wet pants part), and that's what counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought you had incontinence there for a second! :D

      Delete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.