Sunday, March 13, 2016

All about food...

I love eggs for breakfast and this time I scrambled them. I like them with tomato sauce and a little Worcestershire..,
~
Mmmm, chicken pot pies...
~
I used my basic chicken mornay recipe except I used Spring Vegetable soup mix instead of chicken noodle. Diced carrot, onion, celery and fresh sweetcorn went into it.  I make a thickened sauce with flour and milk, throw in cooked, chopped chicken breast, salt and peps and a bit of grated tasty cheese and voila! Top with puff pastry lids and bake until golden.
~
Friday night I made Julie Goodwin's Chicken Korma. Great recipe that turned out nice but it was lacking some punch. I thought it tasted better on Saturday for lunch. Will have it again as the almond/coconut sauce was lovely. Might had some chilli flakes to ramp it up just a tad. :)
~
Again, Julie Goodwin's yoghurt flat bread 
~
...which we had with her Lamb Koftas! More about these later.
~
So that brings me up to date. I've got two sourdough loaves proving, waiting to bake them. 
~
It's a long weekend here with a holiday on Monday for the Adelaide Cup horse race so I have today and tomorrow to potter and fo as I please. Yay!
~
Cheers joolz xx
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.