Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sally success!

So on Friday, I left you with the dough rising from this...
~
...to this!  It went right up to the top of the bowl but deflated a bit as I took off the shower cap.
~
I plopped it out onto the floured bench...sprinkled with flour then just folded it in on itself a bit, left to right, top to bottom...
~
I decided I'd make a loaf shaped in the cane banetton...
~
...and the other half into 12 dinner rolls.
~
They turned out great...
~
~
The loaf was lovely and crunchy...
~
I am having trouble with the dough getting stuck in the floured banetton so the top had a very rustic, I got stuck look to it!
~
When I cut it, it had a nice crumb to it, quite coarse.  They say each loaf will be different so I will experiment with more kneading and less...
~
It toasts up beautifully and I enjoyed it with butter and Vegemite.  So much for trying to cut down on bread consumption...


 
All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it!  :)
~
Next time I might halve the recipe to 150gms starter to 500gms flour as I probably don't need to make both loaf and rolls each time. We are empty nesters, after all!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx


 
 
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well done! The texture looks perfect, nice amount of air holes. I'd say you had a great success. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...