Monday, November 30, 2015

Kirbz is 25!

First up yesterday, I made Kirby a birthday cake whic turned out smashing! I have never used a bundt tin before but the cake cooked perfectly
~.
Then it was off to our lunch destination, up in the Adelaide hills...
~
Mount Lofty Ranges Vineyard to be exact...
~
Stunning views!
~
Kingfish and scallop entree...
~
My octopus main...cleaned my plate!
~
Bri had the poached chicken...
~
Gus and Kirby had the beef, all delicious!
~
Fresh hills srawberries, sorbet and cream - flavour explosion!
~
This was red licorice icecream, chocolare mouse and chocolate brownie crumble - again wow!

Looks like I enjoyed it, eh?
~
Such a beautiful afternoon...
~
~
~
~
Photo time!
~
~
~
We had a fantastic day then came home to regroup and have dinner.
~
I made this Jewelled Rice - rice cooked with saffron then tossed in a pan with butter and small dices of dried apricot, cranberries, dates, pistacios, slivered almonds, orange zest and pomegranate seeds.  We had this with some little pandan chicken parcels that Gus found at a shop.  
Birthday cake for dessert! Goodnight!
Cheers - Joolz xx

 

  
 
 
 
  
 
  
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't always comment but I always love to see what food your eating when out and about........oh and what you cook at home..........nothing like that here ever.........Happy birthday........the girls sure are growing up and look gorgeous.........

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.