Sunday, October 11, 2015

Cherry Pie and Chicken broccolini...

The other day when I was shopping, I spied this can of very American cherry pie filling...
~
I've only had cherry pie once - when we travelled across the US following Route 66. We got to the midpoint in Adrian , Texas and it was suggested that you should stop and have a piece of pie at the diner there.  Boy howdy, it was goood!
~
So with Brianna coming home yesterday, I thought a pie would make a great dessert (she was getting in late) to have ready to go.
~
Pie making is not my forte (well, not yet!) so its a bit ugly...and my pastry may have been in the freezer a tad too long so it was a bit tired looking...
~
It turned out okay but yeah, ugly! *sprinkles icing sugar on top to hide...
~
This is that very piece of pie from Adrian, Texas...
~
...and this is mine! It was soooo yummy! Will be making it again and also attempting a sweet spiced pumpkin pie too!
~
This is a very bad picture of my Pioneer Woman's chicken broccolini - my plating skills didn't match the  deliciousness of the dish!  Once again, it was really yummy and enjoyed by all.
The broccolini was meant to be wrapped in the middle of the chicken steak, crumbed, fried then baked in the oven.  I could see raw chicken being served and a tantrum being thrown (by me!) so I just did flat chicken steaks and steamed the broccolini until just tender. The creamy sauce was easy and made the dish.  Worth trying, ladies!


 ~
After dinner, we retired to the 'good room' to watch that old chestnut - Smoky and the Bandit (starring Burt Reynolds and Sally Field)...
Good times!
Cheers - Joolz xx


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.