Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pickle and healthy Beef Koftas...

I made another Pickle purchase from Juanita Tortilla ... Check out her Etsy store here ...

What or who is Pickle? Pickle is the beautiful Birman ragdoll cat who belongs to Juanita - or does Juanita belong to Pickle?

My Pickle Pocket will hold all of my power cords and adapters and it fits snugly in my glove box. Because I swap cars fairly often (the perils of owning a car dealership!), I need to be able to grab everything out of my car quickly and for travel its perfect too! My Kobo fits nicely.
 ~
The pocket came in a cute Pickle draw string bag which I will use for my latest acquisition - a blood pressure monitor!  :(
~
I recently had my 51,000km service and I have started on BP meds as it's been too high of late so hopefully it will come down to near normal.  My cholesterol is down from 7.4 last July to 6.1 - still high but better.  This lead me to drag out a WW recipe book for a healthy dinner inspiration.
~
Beef Kofta with chickpea couscous...
~
~
I ditched the skewers when they were cooking as they just got in the way!
~

I'm not big on couscous (I don't like the texture) so rather than have plain, I tried this sachet from Ainsley Harriot...and added half a can of chickpeas to it when I poured on the water.  It was very tasty but not my cup o tea!
 ~
I made my own salad of lettuce mix, tomatoes, cucumber and kalamata olives and used a zero fat french dressing.
 ~
I found the koftas to be a bit dry, maybe a bit of skim milk and a handful of fresh bread crumbs might lighten them up...but it was a yummy dinner anyway!
Cheers - Joolz xx










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.